Wednesday 28 August 2013

Choice of Genre

I have chosen to use the social realism genre in my project as I find it personally the most achiveable. It's a genre of my personal interest and is more suited to me.

 Repertoire of elements:
  • Dark themes 
  • Social Comentry 
  • Realistic three dimensional characters 
  • Sometimes include political ideology
  • Sub cultures 
  • Artistic shots 
  • Dark lighting 
  •  
  This genre is achiveable with resources I have as social realism requires a lot of realistic shots, this can be achived in locations around my area. I have the right collection of costumes and props to achieve my aims. However difficulty will occur when portraying dark themes without crossing a line, therefore I will have to infer these themes through the use of hidden meaning and imagery

List of related films:

  • Room for Romeo Brass
  • This is England
  • Trainspotting
  • Sweet Sixteen
  • Tyrannosaur 
  • Billy Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment